Sunday 22 August 2010

Shopping with Gabi part two.

So Himself and I decided we needed a bit of seaside R&R and headed down to Margate to visit with his parents. Whenever we travel down we actually don't get to spend much time together, he is off visiting with his friends and I am off visiting with mine!
My sister lives in Ramsgate so she and I had planned a day of thrift/charity shop shopping with well deserved stops for fish and chips and tea and cakes.
As ever it was raining when I got there and the sea breeze was more than a little bracing. Never ones to let a bit of weather gets in the way of a shopping mission we hit the town.
First purchase for me was this lovely top. Not vintage I know but I loved the material.
Quickly followed by this cute little blouse.

Another non vintage shirt was my next purchase but it IS leopard print. I have always had a thing about leopard print so it had to be done!

The smell of the chippy got too much so a well earned break for fish and chips was next, eaten standing huddled in a doorway out of the rain. Delicious. Back to the shops......
Next for me was this headscarf at just 25p how could I not?

Finally THE purchase of the day! A gorgeous black patent handbag with a bakelite clasp. I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted it.

All shopped out we headed to this new little tea shop for tea and cake. Of course I forgot my camera that day so no photos of this heavenly place, it was fabulous. All the china is vintage mismatched and all around the walls there were shelves with yet more gorgeous vintage china, I was coveting the cake stands in the window with all my heart. I promise I will take the camera next time so you too can lust over the plates and cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment