Sunday, 12 June 2011

A Day by the Sea.

Well the weather has certainly been a mixed bag this weekend. I have gone through hot, freezing cold, soaking wet and been almost blown off my feet in the space of 24 hours!

Due to one thing and another Himself and I ended up heading to the coast on Saturday morning rather than Friday night, as it turned out the journey was a breeze and I hopped off the train in Ramsgate just before 11am.
 The sun was out and the sky was blue and it was blissful to fill my lunga with some sea air. I met my sister and we had a quick catch up over lunch before heading to the British Legion 90th anniversary event.
Sadly it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. The vintage vehicles consisted of one rather spendid Naafi van and a 50's cadillac.

The half a dozen stalls were full of retro style not vintage clothes, New Look, River Island and Select anyone?
So we paid a visit to the vintage pinball arcade.

before we headed back into town for a trawl of the charity shops. Sadly they let us down too, all I bought were the two items below, a crystal bowl vase and a jumper.

 oh and I treated my sister to a fabulous pink satin wiggle dress for £4.50.
It got persistantly colder and finally started to rain so we decided wine and chocolate at my sister's flat were a much better idea!
I found some yoghurts called 'Nom' which made us both laugh
 and we ended up purchasing a bottle of fizz purely because the description seemed appropriate!
We retreated to the sofa with our fizz and a large box of Roses that my sister won in a raffle, and had a long talk about her lying, control freak and now thankfully 'ex' boyfriend.
She's had a tough time of it poor thing. I'm just so glad she's finally opened her eyes to what he was really like before she quit her job and lovely flat and moved in with him.
Anyway after we had put the world to rights I headed back to Himself's parents house. It took me nearly 2 hours to get there because there was a 'problem' with the bus, oh joy. I was frozen stiff and desperate for the loo by the time I finally arrived! After I availed myself of the facilities much wine was drunk and holiday photo's viewed until the early hours of the morning.  
We had a lovely roast dinner today before I headed home leaving Himslef to go on to his best friends house for no doubt much drinking and DVD viewing followed by yet more drinking.
I had a good journey home but got soaked to the skin and was nearly blown off my feet by the gale force gusts of wind on my 15 minute walk from the station to our house! One very hot shower and 3 mugs of tea later and I'm feeling human again.

I'd like to thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my last blog. I'm making plans and determined to stay as positive as I can. x


  1. Sounds like a great weekend, even if the weather was rubbish. Glad your sister dodged a bullet and I'm sure everything feels better after some undemanding fizz (don't you hate demanding drinks?) LOL! Going to find your last post as I missed it at the time, xxx

  2. It's great to chatch up with people – I hope things start to look up for your sister soon.

    Was the NAAFI van really selling bread pudding? How odd!

  3. Sounds like you had a nice time in the end. I have not been able to find out any info on local Poppy events - not even on their site :O(

  4. Sounds like a weekend of highs and lows! The champagne and your sister dumping that bloke being particularly good. xxx

  5. I love pinball! I would have loved that arcade. Hope things are now on the up for your Sister. Scarlett x

  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Sounds like you had a good weekend in the end and i have to say champagne is a great way to put the worlds to rights ;-)) dee x