Firstly thank you to Emma Bear Forever for giving me a Liebster award.
So, 11 random things about me that I haven't already said in my blog
1. I can read roman numerals, something I needed in my previous life as a librarian. Not a very exciting skill but useful for being able to know what year an old tv show came out.
2. I always pour equal measure drinks out, no matter how drunk I am! By that I mean in one go, so no going back to the first glass and topping it up so it is the same level as the rest, I just seem to be able to divide the amount of liquid out evenly from the start. I have no idea why I have this skill but it is one of my proudest ones.
3.I don't like rice, yuck, yuck yuck.
4.I haven't driven a car for 20 years. I never intended to leave it this long between vehicles and I do intend to buy a car again.....one day.
5.I am a big fan of yoghurt, I eat it every day and if a miss a day I start to crave, though not as much as if I go short on tea. It's not pretty if I don't have tea.
6. I have to do something when I watch tv (clear those filthy minds please!) so I sew or knit otherwise I can't keep still, I jiggle my legs as my mother puts it which used to drive her demented when I lived at home.
7. I hate horror films but will watch real life programmes with graphic crime scenes. Himself cannot get his head around that, he thinks it's mad, which it probably is. I also have no problem watching operations.
8.I have always wanted to be able to dance but I have two left feet and no sense of balance so sadly it's not to be.
9. I never have and never will understand the big attraction of reality tv.
10. I am claustrophobic and scared of spiders and both of these fears is down to my dear brother.
11.celery is the enemy, the salad of the devil and must be avoided at all costs.
Elise's questions are:
1.What's the best job you have ever had?
working in a plant nursery that also had a small garden centre. I LOVED that job.
2. Your favourite item of clothing?
god that changes all the time when it comes to things I wear day to day. Otherwise it is my vintage dinner jacket and waistcoat (100 years old this year!)
3. If you could be anywhere, where would you be? (in life or location)
I would be in my lovely white Art Deco house by the sea.
4. Something you have always wanted but never got?
A lovely white Art Deco house by the sea.
5.The first movie you saw at the cinema?
I *think* it was Bambi or possibly The Jungle Book. We used to go to one of those Saturday morning cinema clubs as kids and they showed a lot of Disney stuff!
6. Your top played song on i-Tunes?
not sure off the top of my head but it will be a song by Bowling for Soup!
7.The most practical/useful thing you own?
8.Would you rather be taller or shorter (if you HAD to chose!)?
Taller I guess, I like being tall.
9.Your longest standing hobby?
Gardening. I had my own patch from a very young age, I love it, it's how I unwind and de-stress.
10.If you had an hour to kill what would you do?
If I was out shop!, if I'm at home read.
11. The best thing that has happened to you so far this year?
Getting my tooth fixed is high up there!
1. Favourite flavour of ice cream?
2.What is you most beloved accessory?
3. If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why?
4.What is your first memory?
5.What is your favourite website?
6.If you could go on holiday/vacation tomorrow where would you go?
7. What is your favourite time of year?
8.What was the last thing that made you jump out of your skin?
9. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
10. Bread or potatoes?
11.If you could do it all again would you?
I tag :
dee dee's vintage retro delights
Pretty Little Jewels
spiffing sporadics of a vintage girl
Tickety Boo Tupney